Starting its journey in 1901, the MCC Chamber of Commerce & Industry has emerged as
one of the most dynamic and front-ranking Chambers in the city. Being born in an
environment of National Upsurge, its prime objective has been to provide a sense
of integrity, secularity and idealism to the business community of Eastern India.
The Chamber started its function in the name of Vaishya Mitra Sabha’. In 1904, the
Sabha was renamed as the ‘Merchants’ Committee’ and membership was opened to all.It
plunged itself into the Swadeshi Movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi in 1921. In
1952, the name was changed into ‘Merchants’ Chamber of Commerce’.